Download Your Free Turnaround Letter Issue
Fill out the form to download your FREE sample newsletter issue
Thank you for your interest in The Turnaround Letter, one of the industry’s most successful investment newsletters. The Turnaround Letter has been published since 1986 by George Putnam, III, the country’s most accomplished turnaround investor.
Each issue contains George Putnam’s monthly stock pick, articles on identifying turnaround investment opportunities in various sectors and industries, updates on the newsletter’s current portfolio, and more. Turnaround Letter’s subscribers also receive site wide access to TurnaroundLetter.com, the largest collection of turnaround and distressed investing insight and advice on the web.
- Market-beating purchase recommendations. The annualized return of The Turnaround Letter’s purchase recommendations is 12.2% over the last 15 years (as of 07/31/18), ranking The Turnaround Letter among the top producing investment newsletters on the market during that stretch!
- Timely market commentary and insight directly from George Putnam, III, the nation’s leading turnaround investor. George educates his readers on the ins and outs of turnaround opportunities and helps them understand the unlimited growth potential of these undervalued companies poised for reversal, rebound, and recovery.
- Updated goal prices and tracking on recommended stocks.
- 24/7 subscriber-only access to TurnaroundLetter.com, which houses the industry’s largest collection of turnaround investing advice and commentary.
"The analogy I often use when speaking about the virtues of Putnam’s approach is to a hypothetical 10-horse race in which we are allowed to bet on any finisher. Imagine that one horse is the overwhelming favorite while the other is expected to come in last. Imagine further that the favorite horse finishes second, while the horse that was expected to come in last instead finishes fifth. You’d make more money having bet on the horse than came in fifth than the one that came in second — even though the second-place horse was a faster horse."
- Mark Hulbert, MarketWatch's "Wall Street veteran who flagged Apple at $1.14 a share says these 5 overlooked stocks are buys"
"For 21 years, George Putnam, III has trained his sights on one of the more obscure areas of investing: turnaround situations and bankruptcies. By focusing on out-of-favor companies, his flagship publication, The Turnaround Letter, has achieved enormous success for its subscribers."
- Sandra Ward, Barron’s “Picking Up Telecoms. Putting Down Banks”
“Of all the subscription services I utilize, yours has been by far the most profitable and I literally can't wait for it to hit my inbox every month. Just a note to congratulate you guys on a job well-done...and thank you. You've made a believer and life-long subscriber out of me.”
- Russ N., Turnaround Letter subscriber
Turnaround investing is the process of looking for investment opportunities in solid but down-and-out companies that are poised to rebound: companies that Wall Street unjustly hates for one reason or another. Turnaround investors who get in when the stock prices are near bottom can ride these investments for hefty gains on the way back up.
Recent Stock Pick Returns
Each year many of Wall Street’s biggest gainers are established, yet troubled, companies that turn themselves around. Of course not all of our stock picks perform this well, but listed below are eight recent “closed out” recommendations and their corresponding return rates (from price at the time of purchase recommendation through that at the time of sale recommendation):