- The Newsletter
- Meet George
- Investment Advice
- Turnaround Investing Blog
You take your investing results seriously–so does The Turnaround Letter.
Performance is critical. Why else would you buy an investment recommendation?
One of the longest-running investment newsletters on the market today, The Turnaround Letter is also one of the top ranked: As of July 29, 2016, the annualized return on our stock picks over the past 15+ years was 11.6%, vs. the S&P 500's 5.3%–making The Turnaround Letter one of the top-performing investment newsletters on the market.
A $10,000 investment in Turnaround Letter stock picks would now be worth nearly $52,000!
$51,580 in TL vs. $22,590 in SPX
Based on hypothetical investment in all The Turnaround Letter names as recommended, since 2001. Please see other disclosures on how we calculate performance. Past results are not a guarantee of future returns.
You want to trust that you are seeing an accurate measure of recommendation performance!
With The Turnaround Letter, you see a complete view of all our recommendations, not just the most successful ones. We measure our performance the same way that research teams at mutual funds, investment advisory services and professional investment managers measure their recommendation performance. Like these research-driven institutions, our performance measurement:
- Includes all recommendations since inception, not just our best or most recent recommendations. View all our closed out recommendations over the past 15 years.
- Includes transactions costs.
- Weights all recommendations equally, so each name carries the same impact on overall returns. We don’t have “favorites” among our “favorites.”
- Is fully documented and fully transparent, allowing you to see exactly what we recommended, when we chose it and why.
- Allows you to compare our returns to the S&P 500 Index (why bother if the broad market beats your hand-chosen investments?). View Turnaround Letter year-to-year returns since 1991.
You have real-world costs and time constraints. We understand that. To help you generate and keep your profits, our recommendations...
- Minimize your capital gains taxes by emphasizing long-term holding periods.
- Minimize your trading costs by focusing on low turnover recommendations.
- Save you time by recommending only our most attractive ideas, not dozens each week or month requiring you to “research our research.”
- Remain firm in a volatile market–We stick with our recommendations over the long haul. We don’t yield to short-term market pressures or sell just because the stock price has declined. We do the research and select resilient investments.
You want to sell a stock when it has produced strong profits and reached its potential. Not before. Not after.
Our recommendations are designed to produce strong profits over the long term. That doesn’t mean “forever.” When it is time to sell, we want to capture and keep the gains. In nearly every year, The Turnaround Letter has converted these recommendations into booked profits.
You want profits even in volatile markets
Even in this year’s volatile market, several of our closed out purchase recommended stocks have moved up considerably, reaching their potential. This has allowed us to book significant gains, producing locked-in profits averaging 59% (through 8/9/16):